The DrayTek Vigor AP-810 is a standalone wireless access point, ideal for adding wireless connectivity to an existing LAN, or for expanding the range of an existing wireless LAN by using the WDS features. It can also be used as part of the DrayTek managed wireless system. The AP-810 replaces our popular AP-800 model, adding full compatibility with our managed wireless platform.
The AP-810 features multiple levels of wireless security. Encryption using WEP, WPA, WPA2 (802.11i) is available you can also use the access control list (ACL) to specify the hardware addresses of clients which are permitted to connect (by MAC hardware address). Any unauthorised hardware is refused access.
For additional user authentication, you can activate 802.1x RADIUS (Remote Authentication Dial-in User Service) which allows you to centrally manage and store user names and passwords either within the AP-810 setup itself (thus not needing any external server) on an external radius server which can permit time limited, temporary or continuous access to your clients as required.
The Vigor AP-810 supports the 802.1q VLAN protocol so that if it is connected to an 802.1q enabled LAN, it can split tagged data (whether its different subnets or intended for different users) and broadcast each on its own SSID. This means, for example, that your guest WiFi access is provided on a separate isolated SSID with no access to your company data/devices.
- Business-class 802.11n WLAN access point
- Manageable by DrayTek Wireless Management
- Can be powered by supplied PSU or standard 802.3af PoE (Power-over-Ethernet)
- 2.4GHz 802.11n 300Mbps Wireless LAN
- Dual isolated LAN interfaces
- 4-Port Ethernet Switch
- Detatchable Antennae – Can be replaced
with uni-directional or higher-gain
- Wireless Encryption : WEP, WPA, WPA2
- Repeater/Bridge/Access Point/Station Modes
- Wireless Client Isolation
- Bandwidth management per SSID
- 802.1q VLAN Tagging (two subnets/VLANs)
- Up to four distinct SSIDs (for VLANs)
- MAC Address Filtering
- Optional USB Thermometer
- Radius / WPA User Authentication
- 802.1x User Authentication
- WDS (Wireless Distribution System)
- WMM (Wireless MultiMedia)
- WPS – WiFi Protected Setup
- Built-in Site Surveyor